Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Keeping up with the pace

After 8 years, I finally repeated what I did again - Run under the gruelling heat of the mid-day sun with 2 colleagues during lunch time today. A major feat for me because we hit the marina bay area where construction works aplenty and dust flying everywhere. *COUGH COUGH* But it's fun! Roger didn't join me because it's reallie too hot and bad for his skin I believe and the heat together with the dust will irritate his face even more. Shower facilities was good. One bathroom for ladies with heater, fan, and enough space to place clothes and all. The heater well...takes some time to heat up and when the men's bathroom is in use, the hot water will also be shared and therefore it all depends on who turns on the hot water tap first...hahaha...so I showered in cold water...BRRRRrrrrr...

Anyways, Roger bought me lunch - fish soup bee hoon and I had it slowly because I am super superly drained. What to do? Gotta train for Sports Day leh...doing 2 events - 100m dash and 1500m Women Open..hahaha...it happens to be from 2-5pm as well so I guess training under the mid-day sun allows my body to acclimatise to the weather come 10 Oct!! Good luck to me!!

My colleagues will be running again tomorrow afternoon...I think I will give this one a pass...hee hee hee

0 comments: