Friday, September 05, 2008

Sleepy Friday

Good Morning to me!

Wake up already! Boarded the train for work with my huge 'ninja turtle' bag that always gets in the way of commuters. A packed train with little space to move around not because it was superly packed but rather people not knowing who to make more space for other people. The newer trains have the bars (in between cabin connectors) removed; I believe for a simple reason to allow commuters to stand further in from the doors 'for the convenience of all passengers'. And no, people don't really think that way and have an imaginary bar in front of them or something so they refuse to move in, or budge when I try to go through. Perhaps they don't understand my body language when I peered inwards to find space and feel that I should just stand where I am and not move so much. I was nice because I was sleepy and the mind just didn't wanna argue so I asked this lady with a face of blank beside me: "Can I go through?" She did make way for me reluctantly after giving me dagger stares. I bet she must be feeling sleepy too because the weather is simply too good for slumberland and not the push and shove train ride on a Friday morning!!!! URRRGHH!! I share the same sentiments, lady!

I was glad that the lady standing next to her was more considerate and shifted towards the 'cabin connector' (ok, I really don't have the technical name for it yah???) . SWEET. And yes, I did wish I didn't have my 'ninja turtle' because it's superly space consuming...yet as luck would have it....station by station the train went...people got off!!!!! HAHAHA..more space for me, myself and the 'ninja turtle' and my umbrella (with the weather so unpredictable these days, one shouldn't take the chance without an umbrella eh?). Ok, I just want to read my book..I am so hooked onto Eclipse - the 'adult' vampire stories by Stephanie Meyer (her first book - Twilight - will be out on the big screens soon! 21 NOVEMBER 08!!).

Forgive the thoughts as they can be quite incoherent and disjoint. Paragraphs of this blog might not connect all that properly but who cares hur? haha

I reached my train destination and bringing the umbrella was indeed a smarty thing...because it was raining and people were stranded at the station. It is odd but every time this happens and I've an umbrella, I start to wonder if I were the one stranded, will people be nice enough to shelter me? Whatever it was and as nice as I am(..HAHAHAHA...)I offered my shelter to a lady..of course I chose the prettier one (ok..it sounds perverse but I am just being honest!!)...sweet looking and petite..who was friendly and we striked a short but pleasant conversation when we crossed the road junctions to our offices. She thanked me and I wished her a happy friday and I must say...a pretty good start to our day!
You might think I am crazy but as much as I hate my work..I love it...for my colleagues and friends. It will be a slow day but I am waiting for the end of it..not because it is the end of a work day but rather, time to meet Dearie Pants for gym and dinner!
Awaiting impatiently for tonight and the BBQ tomorrow! CHEERS!

0 comments: