Thursday, September 18, 2008

MAMA MIA

And so 7 of us - Catherine, Brandon, Meilian, Huiyen, Joyce, Ryan and me headed to The Cathay to catch the Mama Mia movie at 7.10pm. My bimbo came in late but the show amazingly 'waited' for her and started only at about 7.30pm. It was a fun-filled movie with lots of laughter, sing-alongs and clapping at some scenes. For me, it was like watching the musical but from what Joyce told us, the London musical was definitely much better. Straight after, we still couldn't get the songs out of our heads and we headed to take pictures with the poster as backdrop!! HAHAHA..entering the inviolate belt and then the zone of closure! HAHAHAHAHA I got a passer-by to take a group photo of us only to realise Catherine and Brandon refusing to be in the picture (or rather only Catherine) because she said it's so embarrassing lah!! WAH LAU!!!! It was fun mah..no meh? hahahhaa...because after our a few minutes of cam whoring, other people followed suit!! hee hee hee....

We then headed for food at Plaza Singapura because some of us haven't had our dinners and so a few hamburgers, drinks, fries and more photo taking pretty much summed up the night as we slowly proceeded to the train station and headed on home. A short but cool and fun outing with the usual few of us (this Su ah....last minute don't know what guard duty lah....or else sure join in the 'BHB' fun HEE HEE HEE)
Here's the song that created an impact on my bimbo buddy.....and yes..she bought the soundtrack of the movie straight after the show...heh heh heh...

Thanks Dearie Pants for purchasing the tickets early so that I didn't have to book it online and get charged the booking fee hahaha...so it's just $6 for every ticket coz someone UOB card holder leh..got 12% discount!! hee hee hee..
I give you two videos...the original and from the movie by Meryl Streep!


I don’t wanna talk
About the things we’ve gone through
Though it’s hurting me
Now it’s history
I’ve played all my cards
And that’s what you’ve done too
Nothing more to say
No more ace to play

The winner takes it all
The loser standing small
Beside the victory
That’s her destiny

I was in your arms
Thinking I belonged there
I figured it made sense
Building me a fence
Building me a home
Thinking I’d be strong there
But I was a fool
Playing by the rules

The gods may throw a dice
Their minds as cold as ice
And someone way down here
Loses someone dear

The winner takes it all
The loser has to fall
It’s simple and it’s plain
Why should I complain.

But tell me does she kiss
Like I used to kiss you?
Does it feel the same
When she calls your name?

Somewhere deep inside
You must know I miss you
But what can I say
Rules must be obeyed

The judges will decide
The likes of me abide
Spectators of the show
Always staying low

The game is on again
A lover or a friend
A big thing or a small
The winner takes it all
I don’t wanna talk
If it makes you feel sad
And I understand
You’ve come to shake my hand
I apologize
If it makes you feel bad
Seeing me so tense
No self-confidence
But you see

The winner takes it all
The winner takes it all......

0 comments: