Thursday, December 04, 2008

The Longer Weekend is Here

YAY! It is here. Coming Monday is a public holiday - Hari Raya Haji. I am off on Friday. Will be working the midnight shift today from 11pm to 7am building a Ginger Bread House for Christmas. It will surely screw up my bio-clock but only for a day which shouldn't be too much of a problem...will sleep more tomorrow.. down with throat infection and slight flu isn't good considering the long weekend and my previous company's Dinner and Dance on Sat!!! Anyhow, I cannot wait to do up the Ginger Bread House with the other interns tonight. It sure is gonna be a fun-filled event because my task is to write up the SOP for this. I am bringing my camera with me to take photos of everyone in action. It will also facilitate SOP writing later because sometimes details can be forgotten as I immerse myself in too much fun..hee hee hee...

Though I need to wake up at 6am every morning, knowing that I will be in tuned with greenery and fresh air makes me feel at the top of the world. If Singapore was not located in the tropics, I believe the weather will be perfect for my picturesque work environment. Heading into the city area yesterday to drop off documents was an uncomfortable affair. Conrete after concrete, heaps load of vehicles and tons of exhaust pollution - it was a far cry from splendid golf courses, trees and more trees, that I've been seeing for only 3 weeks. If you guys think you have had good food out there, I tell you nothing really beats the pastries, desserts and Chinese restaurants here. You might think the food is expensive but after staff discount of 40%, it is still worth paying for. You really cannot find it anywhere else. Afterall, it is a club strictly for members and therefore the exclusivity. No doubt, I lead the 'high-flying' life and yes, I've been buying the yummy pastries and desserts very often!!!

I bought a slice of chocolate truffle cake for dear on his birthday recently. I haven't tasted it before and was worried that it wouldn't be nice. I was wrong. The sponge was soft and moist enough. The raisins were soaked with rum and each bite was aphrodisiac. The Chinese dinner was simple with a good ambience. As both of us needed to work the next day, we left for home pretty early. It was still a sweet ending to the day and we were clearly satisfied.

Friday night will be the start of my usual meet up with dear after a long work week and this time with the weekend seemingly longer as Monday is a public holiday, we will definitely be getting our well deserved rest. YIPPIE! I cannot wait..

0 comments: