Monday, December 29, 2008

Being Me

Having the wacky hormonal imbalances is not unusual for us ladies. There will be times of high and times of low. During the latter, we feel extremely lost with the mood swings appearing at odd times of the day. As we get older, these feelings start to turn into hot flushes and even more severe emotional changes.

When we are younger, we focus alot on our studies. Little do we've time to play. For me at least. I wonder where my childhood went, looking back. Time seemed to past without me yearning to go back to 10 years ago. Could it have been that bad? Or is there really nothing worth remembering? I realised that everytime someone asks me about my past, I will start to recollect that unfateful day. I won't be spelling it out but that was the turning point - a life changing turning point. It made me appreciate the fragility of love and friendship that can only be understood through memories and time. Does it make me strong again? Definitely. At the same time, it shows me how important it is to reveal your feelings sometimes, because you never know when you will ever get that chance again.

Have you experienced that feeling where you lost something precious and found it again years later only to realise that things have changed and what you so dearly lost & now found, no longer felt the same? In order not to be bias here, I am sure there are those who are tremendously happy finding what was lost. When it comes to feelings, it's more complicated. When you lose it, you lose it almost completely. Even when he or she returns to your life, it isn't the same. I always wonder how people can change; get married and express their vows & love for each other and the next minute, they are getting a divorce. It makes me afraid seeing so many failures. Having been in a few relationships have taught me alot. It has changed me. I am glad it is for the better. Being more sensitive and trying very hard never to make the same mistakes over and over again, my motto to living now is always be happy.

And thanks to all the people I have met, acquaintances, family & friends, you have made a difference in my life, in one way or another. Don't worry whether you've made it happening, happy or sad, it is all in the name of the learning journey.

0 comments: