Friday, December 26, 2008

Joy to My World

Christmas Eve, 24 December 2008, 7pm
The eve was spent half day at work before heading home to prepare for the family dinner at night. The dinner was boring - could be the generation gap. It was either the kids table or the more-than-half-a-century-old table. I eventually chose the in-between that was made up of a husband & wife. Yes, that's all. It was a quiet 'party' that my dad agreed on my attendance without consulting me first. Because I was there every year, I suppose it was just taken for granted that I will not have plans or I must cancel any plans whatsoever.
9pm
I really couldn't stand staying there a minute longer because I finished dinner at 7.35pm & tried hard to entertain myself but to no avail. Anyhow, I made my quick escape at 9 for AMK because I was scheduled to meet Dear for a movie - IP Man - at 11.35pm. I was at AMK extremely early and while waiting, I walked around. Of course, not being a shopping fan, I started getting bored...again..Now don't tell me girls should like shopping and therefore I must be lying. I do admit that sometimes the shopping urge comes along but most of the time, I do not shop aimlessly. I will shop for a reason and seldom, it is for myself. So I am the kind where after I have gotten what I set out to buy, I will be lost because I don't know what to do after that..hee hee hee...
10.15pm
Finally Dear arrives!!!! We sat down for some drinks while waiting for the show to start. I must say the movie was great! Thanks Dear! The wait was worth it...keekekkekeke..
1.20am
Home Sweet Home
Christmas Day, 25 December 2008, 3pm
Dear and I headed to Hougang Mall to take a walk. We managed to buy what we wanted for a simple meal we were going to cook that night - Pan fried salmon, Lettuce wrapped with minced pork. We didn't want it too heavy because lunch was pretty late. An inexpensive dinner with lots of love. What more can I ask for? *WINK WINK*

0 comments: