Friday, January 02, 2009

Waking Up to A Great 2009!

30 Dec was well spent. Yes, I worked. I did get paranoid because I remembered working on my b-day in yr 2005 & fell down big time. Never did I dare work on that day again till 2008. My colleagues celebrated it for me, surprising me with a cake. AMAZING! I really didn't expect it because I am only an intern, afterall. Thank You!!

Dinner was at Shin (Suntec). Food was exquisite. I was very late...sorry to make you wait Dear! Yah, that pretty much settled the day- the way I liked it.
I worked half a day on 31 Dec 08 and then my second ad-hoc shift at 5pm with Dear, at an event at Shangri-La Hotel which lasted till 2.30am. I must say it was an enjoyable experience even though the New Yr's eve was spent working. Time passed really fast because I was in charge of photo cutting & pasting & being a Dinner and Dance, you can imagine the number of pictures people wanted to take! Yes, every job has a different skill set no matter how menial it may be. It did get quite tedious when the attendees started coming by 'demanding' for their earlier taken photos. I felt bad because there was only one printer on set & the printing speed wasn't the desired one, unfortunately. Nevertheless, we tried the best as we could & churned out almost 700 photos! For those who didn't manage to get theirs printed, the soft copy will be sent to the company after the event.

Needless to say seeing Dear's role that day, mine was absolutely incomparable. hee. Doing lots of running around, intercom, following the time schedule, it was pressurising on Dear's part to make sure that the acts were on time and the talents arrived on schedule. Regardless of what happens in between, the end result cannot be failure. Of course, with proper pre-planning & cooperation (kudos to Azre & Dear), the event was a success!!! And I got paid for the work rendered!! YAY! Enough to pay for Charcoal's food! We headed home after supper at about 4am.

Waking up 6hrs later for lunch at 1pm was a sweet affair. Welcoming the New Year 2009 this way was indeed magical!

0 comments: