Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Reality Bites

Life goes on after PAP forms the government once again.

Will things be different 5 years from now?

Of course! No question about it. What will be different?

1) Increase in food prices
2) Increase in GST
3) Increase in ERP gantries and rates
4) Increase in transport fares such as bus fares, train fares
5) Increase in housing prices

How much money do I need to

1) hold my wedding?
2) start a family?
3) have kids?
4) qualify for a HDB flat?
5) buy furniture, TV consoles, TV, air-con?
6) renovate my room?

Will money be ever enough to pay for all of these? Do I need to work to my grave?

Suddenly, burning questions turn into stress and stress turns into tears because I ask myself - is money all there is to life?

My stand - money does not buy happiness, at least not mine.

0 comments: