Thursday, January 06, 2011

Workout Regime

I guess since I always forget the weights I use for my work out and also the definitions of certain exercise types, I will use my blog to help me remember and then improve my strength along the way.

Tonight at the gym, I am going to do upper body and lower body alternate exercises using an Olympic bar.

Inclined Pull

"Ladder"

5 reps
Rest 30 seconds

4 reps
Rest 30 seconds

3 reps
Rest 30 seconds

2 reps
Rest 30 seconds

1 rep
Rest 30 seconds

Repeat the above for another set if up to it.

Female push ups

4 reps
Rest 30 seconds

3 reps
Rest 30 seconds

2 reps
Rest 30 seconds

1 rep
Rest 30 seconds

Continue with another set

Circuit Training Exercises
A circuit workout combines cardio and strength training if you are short on time. An exercise is completed one after another with little or no rest in between.

5 sets of 5 reps each


1) Full Squats - 1.25kg each side
Rest 30 seconds

2) Shoulder Press - without weights (i might just use a bar bell of 10kg if the Olympic bar proves too heavy for me)
Rest 30 seconds

3) Deads - 5kg each side
Rest 30 seconds

4) Bend over rows - 3.75kg each side
Rest 30 seconds

Finisher

Holding a light weight 1/2kg dumb bells in each hand, do as many burpees within 20 seconds
Rest 10 seconds


Continue above 4 times

WORKOUT COMPLETE


Courtesy of Baby Chee
Thanks for staying up so late for the past 2 nights to drill the concepts into my head

0 comments: