Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Freedom

Is it true that once there's too much freedom we take advantage of it and want more? Or do we get bored of the freedom we get and want somthing more from life? And we keep on wanting the new things. And we keep on yearning and succumbing to temptations one after another. Is life all about having something new? Or is it enhancing the old and making it more exciting? Or is it just us? Us wanting nothing old but new and improved gadgets, people, lovers, marriages, homes and even parents? Are we afraid of falling behind and losing out? In this competitive environment, nothing can be certain. One minute we take the lead, the next minute we lag. We are all the makings of our own destinies. We set out to become more independent, more exposed to different cultures, different political mindesets, changes in environment, changes in lifestyle. Do we change ourselves because we want to? Or do we get shaped by the changes? When we make mistakes and change, are we really changing for the better or simply trying our very best not to make the same mistakes again? Will we be ready to take on new challenges and lead a happier life instead of chasing after materialism? Expectations. Are we all full of them? Are we lead by expectations? Or do we form them so that we can work towards our goals in life? Do we have too many expectations? And since they're only expectations, why do we get so frustrated and upset when they are not met? Why cry? Why the tears? Why carry on expecting when sometimes we know that things are not going to happen. Why hold on to the edge when we can continue finding alternatives and perhaps more solutions? Why sit and watch the world go by when we can live it? We just don't want strings attached, I guess. When we live it, we have to live with the consequences with the decisions we make. We run away in self denial. We think that no strings attached means a happier life because we get to do what we want without living with the consequences. Who said there are none? Why worry? Why indulge in the negative, self cherishing thoughts? It's always about I and I and I and I. We must learn to think for others more than ourselves. Then again we've to know ourselves first and learn to love our own shortcomings. It's like going around in circles. Tell me the answer, show me the way, take the lead, please, someone. Confusion. Confusion Confusion. All over again. Should I try harder? Should I just sit and wait? Should I continue being nice? Should I find out the reason why things are so cold? Things change. People change. Seasons change. All in the name of love and old flames. Have I fallen once again before standing up? Is love such a bad name? What happened to me being strong? Where is the adamant I wanna break free nature? Where are you? Why must you do this to me? I should be dettaching from you all!! I hate you..you should probably be equally confused. Should you make the move? Should you not? Should I? Should I not? Time..they always say..time will tell. Wait..the waiting game. Is this what is freedom? I call it the chains of freedom.

0 comments: